You can now use anchors to jump to the following sections in our legal text below:
The Willmore Consulting Group has a few legal guidelines that must be followed when using content provided by the company or used from our website.
Most of our content is covered by a Creative Commons license, and is therefore available for general use. However, Willmore Consulting Group has placed some restraints on how our intellectual property may be used by third parties.
You are free to share and distribute any work on this site, provided that you reference or cite Willmore Consulting Group, LLC (or any other author whose work appears on this site) in compliance with stylistic and referential guidelines. Failure to do so will result in a Cease-and-Desist order given by the party that holds the rights to the work, which may be followed by other legal action.
In your attribution to Willmore Consulting Group, LLC (or any other author whose work appears on this site), you must not suggest that Willmore Consulting Group (or any other third parties) endorse you and/or your use of the content. If requested by the content creator or administrator, you will be required to add a full legal disclaimer that states this fact.
Through your use of the content on this site, you are not authorized to, in any way, change the media or text content either in part or entirety. Changing the content without the explicit permission of the author will result in a Cease-and-Desist order, which may be followed by other legal action.
This usage license is valid in the United States of America, as well as any United States territories. If you would like usage rights to media for use outside of the United States, please contact us.
In addition to the rights granted explicitly to Willmore Consulting Group, there are also rights given to the authors of any content appearing on our site. These content authors are granted the same legal rights as Willmore Consulting Group.
The use of this media does not allow for resale. Selling this content (in part or in full) without the explicit permission of the content creator will result in a Cease-and-Desist order, which may be followed by other legal action. When distributing this content, you must continue with these rights; the best way to do so is to reserve original author’s rights and link to this web page. Please note that the web address of this page may change without notice. In an effort to alert you to any changes, please contact us with your email address.
You also understand that through your use of the content on this site:
- Any or all of the above terms and conditions can be waived (in part or in full) through written permission from the content creator.
- You must use the content in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations in your area
- You must not violate the content creator’s rights
For a full legal document detailing the rights of Willmore Consulting Group, any other author who may have material on this site, and yourself, please see Creative Commons’ Legal Code page.
Our web store is hosted by Amazon Service LLC (“Amazon”) and is therefore subject to all legal conditions, rights, and constraints imposed by Amazon. The legal information, as well as links to their source page, is listed below for your convenience.
Conditions of Use
Please review our Privacy Notice [listed below].
When you visit Amazon.com or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included on this [embedded store], such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Amazon or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this [embedded store] is the exclusive property of Amazon and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this [embedded site] is the property of Amazon or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
Amazon.com graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of Amazon in the U.S. and/or other countries. Amazon’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Amazon’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Amazon. All other trademarks not owned by Amazon that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Amazon.
One or more patents owned by Amazon apply to this site and to the features and services accessible via the site. Portions of this site operate under license of one or more patents. A partial list of applicable Amazon patents is linked.
If you use this [embedded store], you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Amazon does sell products for children, but it sells them to adults, who can purchase with a credit card or other permitted payment method. If you are under 18, you may use Amazon.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Amazon reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
Reviews, Comments, Communications and Other Content:
Visitors may post reviews, comments, photos, and other content; send e-cards and other communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. Amazon reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Amazon a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Amazon and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Amazon for all claims resulting from content you supply. Amazon has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. Amazon takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Risk of Loss:
All items purchased from Amazon are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
Amazon attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, Amazon does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by Amazon itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
Except where noted otherwise, the List Price displayed for products on our website represents the full retail price listed on the product itself, suggested by the manufacturer or supplier, or estimated in accordance with standard industry practice; or the estimated retail value for a comparably featured item offered elsewhere. The List Price is a comparative price estimate and may or may not represent the prevailing price in every area on any particular day. For certain items that are offered as a set, the List Price may represent “open-stock” prices, which means the aggregate of the manufacturer’s estimated or suggested retail price for each of the items included in the set. Where an item is offered for sale by one of our merchants, the List Price may be provided by the merchant.
With respect to items sold by Amazon, we cannot confirm the price of an item until you order; however, we do NOT charge your credit card until after your order has entered the shipping process. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be mispriced. If an item’s correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
Please note that this policy applies only to products sold and shipped by Amazon. Your purchases from third-party sellers using Marketplace Payments by Amazon are charged at the time you place your order, and third-party sellers may follow different policies in the event of a mispriced item.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, AMAZON DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AMAZON DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS [EMBEDDED STORE]; INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS [EMBEDDED STORE]; THEIR SERVERS; OR E-MAIL SENT FROM AMAZON ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. AMAZON WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS [EMBEDDED STORE] OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS [EMBEDDED STORE], INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
By visiting Amazon.com, you agree that the laws of the state of Washington, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Amazon.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Amazon Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Amazon.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Amazon.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Amazon.com on other Web sites. See the list of examples below.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Amazon.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. See the list of examples below.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as 1-Click purchasing, Recommended for You, personalized advertisements on other Web sites (e.g., Amazon Associates with content served by Amazon.com and Web sites using Checkout by Amazon payment service), and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does Amazon Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Amazon.com, Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Marketplace sellers, these businesses operate stores at Amazon.com or sell offerings to you at Amazon.com. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. See the list of examples below. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Amazon.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Amazon.com, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Amazon.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Amazon.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites. For more information, read about our Advertising Policies and Specifications.
Amazon.com also displays personalized third-party advertising based on personal information about customers, such as purchases on Amazon.com, visits to Amazon Associate Web sites, or use of payment services like Checkout by Amazon on other Web sites. Click here for more information about the personal information that we gather. Although Amazon.com does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad (for example, users in the northwestern United States who bought or browsed for classical music). If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
Which Information Can I Access?
Amazon.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Amazon.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. You can view the example below, the list of which will change as our Web service evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Amazon.com features as Your Profile, Wish Lists, Customer Reviews, and Amazon Prime.
You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Amazon.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
Are Children Allowed to Use Amazon?
Amazon.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Amazon.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Does Amazon Participate in the Safe Harbor Program?
Amazon.com is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles agreed upon by the U.S. and the E.U. For more information about the Safe Harbor and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor Web site. If you would like to contact Amazon.com directly about the Safe Harbor program, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Amazon.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at Amazon.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, bid, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through Amazon.com or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; provide employer information when opening a corporate account; participate in Discussion Boards or other community features; provide and rate Reviews; specify a Special Occasion Reminder; share information with Amazon Friends; and employ other Personal Notification Services, such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in 1-Click settings; e-mail addresses of Amazon Friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in Your Profile; and financial information, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services (such as Target.com); search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our subsidiaries, Alexa Internet and A9.com; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Co-branded and Joint Offerings
Examples of businesses with which we offer joint or co-branded products and other offerings include Target, CD Now, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Shutterfly, J&R, Godiva, Avon, Macy’s, PacSun, Eddie Bauer and Northern Tool + Equipment.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Amazon.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences, address book, and 1-Click settings); payment settings (including credit card information and gift certificate, gift card, and check balances); e-mail notification settings (including Alerts, Available to Order notifications, Delivers, Recommended for You, Special Occasion Reminders, Weekly Movie Showtimes, and newsletters); recommendations (including recent product view history, prior order history, and Favorites); shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists and Baby and Wedding Registries); Marketplace seller accounts; and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Requests, and Recommendations, Listmania lists, “So You’d Like to…” guides, personal profile, people you tagged as interesting, and Amazon Friends).
You can view the complete and original source that the above Privacy information was copied from by visiting Amazon’s Privacy Notice page.